Receiving an official software licensing audit notification is inevitable for most companies. Our experience has shown that some of our larger clients are going
through two or three software licensing audits simultaneously. The Canyon Consulting Audit Defense offering is designed to guide clients through the licensing audit process, and educate the team on
the implications of audit related data as it compares to your licensing agreements.
Our experience has shown that the vendor audit teams and their "independent" partners do make mistakes, and those audit teams do not necessarily understand the
complexities of the software products and how they are licensed. Unfortunately, neither do most client teams. By partnering with an experience firm like Canyon Consulting, your team will instantly
gain software licensing audit experience that is looking out for your best interests.
Highlights of the Software Licensing Audit Defense:
- Designed to give corporations experienced professionals trained in defending against a vendor software audit, complementing
internal audit defense team.
- Audit guidance on how to respond to requests for information, data pulls, screen shots etc. Clients unknowingly provide damaging information increasing their
- Where appropriate, remediation recommendations have been provided prior to official audit response, lowering financial
- Canyon Consultings resources are trained in latest licensing techniques, software product changes, licensing metrics, and annual changes in software
agreements. Client IT staff typically does not have time to comprehend changes and licensing nuances.
- Canyon’s experience provides an understanding of complex licensing calculations, software product evolution roadmap, and
historical database of other client situations.
- We proactively engage vendor software audit teams, we develop strategies to defend a clients position, often refute claims
of the software audit findings, and help negotiate a final settlement.